27.10.17

Lazy Thoughts

Reading... Jo Nesbo's The Snowman.  It's a series I've been reading out of order (not sure that matters in this case) and because of the movie it made sense to read this one now.  As mysteries go, there are enough twists and red herrings to keep me interested; as series go, Hole is compelling but he's pretty bleak as a "leading man".

Listening... to Camille O'Sullivan.  Several years ago, Thing Two gave me a CD by Camille, which led me to buy tickets to see a Camille when Thing One and I were in Edinburgh in 2007... turns out, there were two singers using the same name!  Now there's one going by Camille and one going by Camille O'Sullivan.  I've never seen the original, but have seen the "new" one three times, including last week at Irish Arts, where she did an evening of Jacques Brel.

Watching... my DVR'd list grow, while not actually watching much more than some morning news.  Too much to read, to many naps to take and far too much else going on to have the time.  Next month maybe.

Following...  this year's My Simpler Year program and beginning to plan for 2018.  I've already offloaded several "heavy weight" items from my mental and physical lives, but what hasn't gone needs work.

Uncorking... Warwick Valley's Black Dirt Red.  Because I'm out of Henry of Pelham's Baco Noir.

Looking... at leaves turning and enjoying the sights of fall.  Earlier this week I was at NELA and had the extreme pleasure of driving from Boston to Burlington and back - gorgeous.

No comments: