5.3.17

Sliding back and forth

Since Thanksgiving, things have been... difficult.  The fact that we spent part of that day at the animal ER saying goodbye to Mallory should have been a clue that there was more to come:

  • December 5 my eyesight suddenly took an odd turn, with a massively inflamed optic nerve in my left eye.  Things are still not back to what the neuro-ophthalmologist calls "baseline" but she did warn me that it could take 3-6 months.  And no, no guarantee that it will never recur.  
  • Early February, a migraine led to a norovirus which morphed into a head cold that is still (still!) plaguing me.  Even a wonderful shopping trip (new Lamy pen, new Hermes scarf) and high tea to celebrate turning 54 didn't help... on the other hand, doing all that with a fever probably wasn't the best plan I've ever had.  Every time I think it's all gone, it rears its ugly sinus-filled coughing head.  
  • Two weeks ago, BoyCat was running to the litter box ever few minutes.  I know that that means - a possible case of FUS (now known as FLUTD).  Back to the local animal ER.  No blockage.  The same pattern yesterday.  But this time his bloodwork said Urinary Tract Infection.  So today we're heading back for an antibiotic shot.  Oh, and BoyCat?  Really, really, really hates being touched, let alone going to the vet.  Should make for a fun afternoon.
The good news is that I'm reading for two book awards (Alex and the new Excellence in Science Fiction for Children award).  My staff is doing amazing work.  And in four days Spring Break starts.  Over two weeks to slide forward a bit.  Wish me luck.

No comments: