24.1.17

Imponderables: A Spam Recipe

Usually I hear that some one has heard of my incredible probity and compassion and is interested in helping me help others, because some foreign person (who may or may not share my last name) needs help accessing the millions of dollars they've inherited (or won).  And, of course, I ignore them because... I don't need to finish that, right?


Today's mail, caught helpfully by my spam filter, includes this gem:


Granted, I've been a tad forgetful recently, but I'm reasonably certain that arranging this transfer (not to mention the meeting when this was all set up) would be something I'd remember. 


I do wonder, however, how many people actually get caught by this stuff.  I mean, we've been getting these messages and pleas for almost as long as email has existed - is anyone taken in?  or do the spammer live in eternal hope that one person, somewhere...

No comments: