4.1.16

That's me, under the covers...

One of the things I hate about moving is the whole having to find a new doctor part.  It's bad enough that you have to try to find one that takes your insurance and will see you relatively quickly (as opposed to "Dr X has no first patient appointments until four months from now"), but then having to explain the information behind the numbers and data.  No, no family history (I'm adopted - read the information sheet I filled out, please!).  Yes, I'm always this pale.  No, my blood pressure isn't always this difficult to get but thanks for bruising my arm on your 10th try.  Etc..

There's also the conflicting advice/concerns issue.  One doctor's "we'll keep an eye on this" is another emergency, or complete who cares.  Which do you trust?

So last month I finally saw my new doctor and had one of those regular exam things, and once they got the previous results from my previous doctor/hospital (that was fun: no one read that I said, specifically, that the hospital wasn't in this state but no one read that so of course the hospital with a similar name here had no record of me) the nurse called.  Could I come in for an additional test?  This new place has everything on line and the notes say that what they're looking at has existed over 10 years. Unchanged.  So why the additional test?  Was there something that previous doctor missed?

I go back in a few weeks.  Meanwhile, that's me over there, under the covers, pretending it's all ok.

No comments: