23.6.15

By the numbers

WOOT! When I first started tracking Mt. Bookpile on GoodReads, it was 341 books high (that was in July, 2007).  As of today, Mt.B has shrunk to a mere 241 books - which to the untrained eye appears to be about 12.5 books a year.  However, to the trained eye, it's amazing I've even gotten that far down, and should only take about another 20 years to completely demolish it.

For some (Things One through Three, for example), 12.5 books a year would be amazing.  For me?  Well... Turns out that since then, I've gotten 1921 books (not including library books I've borrowed).  And I've read 2060 books, an average of 257.5 books a year.  So basically, if I don't get another book again, I've got enough to cover me for a while before I start re-reading.  Some of those books will take considerable longer than others, like the Trollope set I have, or books like Wrought With Steadfast Will and Vanished Kingdoms.  So maybe two years of reading, give or take.

On Thursday I head to ALA's Annual Conference.  What are the odds I don't return with books?

About a year later I started the Killin' Time Reading blog, which now has 1671 reviews.  The discrepancy in numbers is that I don't review books on the blog that I've been asked to review professionally or that I read for a book award.  YA books outweigh the Adult books for obvious reasons, with what I've taken to calling "YA Speculative Fiction" the overall winner.

I wonder what all this will look like in another eight years.  Check back then, ok?

No comments: