6.4.15

Things that go snort in the night

As a rule, I'm a very light sleeper.  My father's snoring, heard through the double wall of closets, could keep me up.  Thing One and Thing Two snore horribly, leading to separate bedrooms and sleepless nights.  My sister reported that at times, when we shared a room/bed, she'd check to see if I was still alive because I was so quiet and still.

For a very long time I've known that if I'm lying on my back, I make distressing noises.  Imagine my chagrin to learn that - only at times when my sinuses are stuffed - those distressing noises can come when I'm on my side.  Last month, while on vacation (in my favorite city) not only did I make those noises but... I kid you not... yelped.  I woke myself up, but also woke up poor Thing One.  Yelping.  In my sleep.  Five times.

This morning, during my post-Herd feeding snooze, I heard snorting.  It wasn't coming from my Big Boy...

No wonder I need a nap.  And earplugs.

No comments: