24.4.15

Reflections

Every five years, for the past 35, I've been getting together with my high school classmates (not all 105 of them, but as many as 30 at a time).  It's called Reunion, and this weekend is my 35th.  Gulp.

For the past few times, we've gotten together in one big sharing circle and talked about where our lives are, what we're proud of and unsure about.  So I've been thinking about what's going on now, what was going on five years ago, and how I feel about all that.

Overall, I have to say, life is pretty good.  Yes, there's the acedia to deal with, and no, my job isn't giving me the satisfaction and warm fuzzies I'd like to have.  My health is better than it was in my 40s, but my parent's health is on a downward slope.  Financially, things are not great thanks to the albatross is the House I Own But Don't Live In (that better change by this time next year!) but they're far from dire.  My friendships are good, solid friendships; my culture vulturing has lessened but that's ok as I can't do late nights as much as I'd like.  Reading? Well... as of right now I'm 3 books behind on my 2015 goal (a couple of good weekends should take care of that).  But overall?  Can't really complain.

Go me!

No comments: