25.8.14

New Year, New Resolutions

Yes, yes, I know: it's not January.  But it is the start of a new school year, right?  So why not make some resolutions?  Usually, I ponder guidelines but at this time, resolutions are more appropriate.  (list and idea via)

Bad habit I’m going to break:
Letting my clutter overwhelm me and the house.  Everything has a place, right? So every night it should all be there.

A new skill I'd like to learn:
Hmmm... difficult.  It's not really a "skill" in the same way knitting or skiing are, but I need to be better about letting things go.

A person I hope to be more like:
My uncle and a high school friend, who lived good lives and showed everyone how to die well. Their example of grace and living each day preciously is so inspiring.

A good deed I'm going to do:
No idea yet.  But I'll know it when I see it.

A place I'd like to visit:
It won't happen this year, but we can start planning our next European trip (Prague/Budapest/Vienna is the dream).

A book I'd like to read:
Uh, well, how about we just settle with "getting Mt. Bookpile to below 200" as a goal?  And to start reading some of the older books, patiently sitting there for (in some cases) years waiting to be read.

A letter I'm going to write:
Make that letters.  My penpals need more in their mailboxes!

A new food I'd like to try:
Not sure, to be honest.  There's very little that I know that I haven't tried.  It'll have to be "when I see it..."


I’m going to be better at:
Budgeting my time, so that I can spend more of it doing things I like with people I like, rather than things I have to do "because".

No comments: