21.2.13

Book Question Meme

(found on Semicolon... saved until I needed blog content)


1. What book (a classic?) do you hate?
I have to go with Ethan Frome.  (if you've heard this rant before, please feel free to skip to the next question).  If you grow up in Upstate NY, in SmallTown, you know about tobogganing.  You know how easily you can go off track.  And you know how impossible an idea it is to commit suicide by toboggan.  I had to read it in 9th grade and I think my entire class was torn between disgust at the plot device and giggles that anyone thought it was possible.

2. To what extent do you judge people by what they read?
Hmmm.... I'm not sure that I do.  I do judge people by if they read.  When I was house-hunting, I actually asked my realtor if anyone read any more, because every place we visited had candles galore but no books!  I don't judge how much you read (or if it's magazines and newspapers over books - Thing One has read maybe 20 books in the 25 years I've known him), but if you don't read? There's probably very little we have in common.

3. What television series would you recommend as the literariest?
Gosh. Not sure what "literariest" means: based on literary novels (in which case, Masterpiece in all its incarnations)? based on books (in which case, add shows like Gossip Girl and Vampire Diaries)?  Intellectually stimulating?  C-SPAN's Book TV.

4. Describe your ideal home library.
I almost have it!  Fireplace - check.  Comfy couch - check.  Floor-to-ceiling bookcases - check. Cats to cuddle with - check.  What's missing?  A mini-kitchen with nibbles and an ever-brewing tea pot.  Not that my kitchen is that far away but this did ask for "ideal".

5. Books or sex?
Oh please.

6. How do you decide what to read next?
Depends.  Right now, I'm reading ARCs in the order of publication... once we head into older Mt. Bookpile territory, I randomly pull books from the shelves and read them.  The problem is that I should read LIFO but tend to read FIFO (what?).

7. How much do you talk about books in real life (outside of the blogging community)?
Oh, anyone that knows me in real life knows I can go on for hours about books: what I'm reading, what I liked, what I didn't like, what you should be reading, what my neighbor is reading, what I suspect my sister is reading...



No comments: