- My beloved Uncle A nearly died
- A former student, a senior in college, died
- An in-law died
- My Biggest Boy has chronic renal failure (so: new, expensive diet and possible Sub-Q fluids, and many vet visits to come)
- I got a flat tire, which I replaced only to learn that the other three need replacing sometime soon
- My car hit 30K, so a Very Big Check-Up was needed, including replacing a few filters and something with the fuel-injection pump
- I had my chimney swept, only to learn that the roofers and painters that have been climbing around up there damaged the chimney cap
And then yesterday's routine shopping trip turned into a Massive Shopping Trip because I ran out of everything all at once (a rare event, but still!).
Oh, and when did jeans stop being denim? I went to four stores and only found 80% cotton, 15% polyester and 5% elastic blends. They don't feel like jeans, they don't weigh as much as jeans do: they're just not jeans!
On a slightly brighter note, Thing Two is coming down tomorrow to help me Fall Clean (touching up some paintwork, shampooing the bedroom carpets, moving my books and a few other chores). And I just dropped off three more bags of clothes at Goodwill, with another half bag started.
As for the books, Mt. Bookpile is still below 300 (new goal: closer to 250 by year end) and I've read 301 books this year. '
Still and all, it's been a Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Month.