26.5.12

I can't resist a challenge

Well, Jandy gets her wish... I took the reading test over at Staples and here are the results:


Now, to get an accurate total, I took the test three times and my scores were 586, 1303 and 1132.  It should be noted that the first was from The War of the Worlds (which I've never read), the second was Alice in Wonderland and the third was The Wizard of Oz (both of which I've read often).  The first text had considerably fewer words than the latter two, and since I didn't know what to expect I didn't hit the STOP button the nanosecond I finished.  I'm not sure what to make of this test...

Still, you take the challenge and report back.  Is it accurate?  Is it helpful?

1 comment:

Jandy said...

Sheesh! Talk about fast!

Your findings concur with mine. You read something you're familiar with more quickly than something that's new. Also, like you, I paused before hitting stop.