4.4.12

Falling in Love Again

You know those "what do you find attractive in the opposite gender" questions? Top on my list has always been "evidence of a mind at work"*.

When Thing Three and I met, lo those many years ago, that was one of the things I first noticed. We used to talk about all sorts of things, on virtually any topic. His mind was more fluid than mind, ditto his sense of humor. Sadly, given the family in which I was raised, mine seems to go with the obvious (example? I'd returned from a trip abroad and Thing Three came over to welcome me home - I was in my bedroom, having just showered off "travel schmutz" and he came in after getting our pizza; standing in front of my mirror, looking at our reflection, I went with "hey! cleanliness is next to godliness!" - I know, I know. GROAN) but he very generously ignores that.

Recently, on Facebook and in e-mail, we've been talking about everything from Dietrich Bonhoeffer to flooded basements to Batman in Maryland. And I'm falling in love all over again.








* the rest of the list? sense of humor, light eyes (grey, blue, green - brown doesn't cut it), and not irritating me every time you open your mouth

2 comments:

Jandy said...

Enjoy every minute of it. Good for you!

Anonymous said...

Don't groan. It's an excellent pun, which I made myself 40 years ago, when traveling with my colleague in the Ethiopian bush. As he entered our room fresh from a shower, he said, "cleanliness is next to godliness," and I said "thank you." But you're right. You come by it honestly. RLC