1.1.12

#Reverb11: Week Four

The fourth week of #Reverb11 prompts - here are my responses:

Prompt 13: Love
What are the things (or people or animals) in this world that you love the most?
- Obviously The Herd (and their predecessors) is practically tied for top spot; Thing One is right up there as well.  While I should say "my family" the problem is that there are members of my family that don't quite make the cut and since some people in my family read this blog discretion wins over a full list of Who's In and Who's Out.  Less tangible "things I love" are silence and solitude.

Prompt 14: Marvel 
What have you done well over the past year—the little stuff and the big stuff? How do you celebrate the positives?
- The big stuff would be my big decluttering project, as my life feels so much lighter both in terms of possessions and mental "stuff".  Little stuff includes not giving in to my inner hermit/recluse and celebrating my friendships, as well as the presentations and publications I've given professionally.  Collaborating with friends in both personal and professional areas of my life has given my soul much warmth.

Prompt 15: Fear 
The easiest way to overcome fear is to confront it. Rather than brainstorm ways to avoid your “fear,” shift your attention to the reasons for confronting your fear. What fear would you like to overcome in 2012?
- I'm a nester, most happy at home in bed snuggled with whichever members of The Herd want to join me.  Honestly, if bodily needs could be completely ignored, that's where I'd spend my life.  So my "fear" is that of moving around - to a new space, a new job, a new friend.  I'd like to be more comfortable with the unknown and new in 2012.

Prompt 16: Transitions 
Over the past year, have you experienced any major/minor life transitions? How has your life changed?
- Yes, both major and minor transitions.   There's been a Big Life Change that is still affecting my life and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future.  I'm quite at peace with it, and my "fear" (see above) is what the next Big life Change will be.  Minorly one could include the lessening of my physical possessions as I transition to a more simple, gratifying life.

Prompt 17: Bliss 
What are three things that make you feel the most blissed out? What can do in 2012 to invite more of that into your life?
- Cuddling with The Herd is such a bliss-filled experience (and those that study these things can attest to the serotonin released by interacting with a pet).  I'm also experiencing quite a high as I remove things from my life, be it physical items or digital "clutter".  Finally, spending time (including the silent gatherings of Meeting) with good people has been a joy that needs to be expanded on in the coming year - there are several gatherings already scheduled through mid-Feburary!

Prompt 18: Ordinary Sparkling Moments 
Reflect on the ordinary moments that bring you joy (e.g., the tea pot whistling, the sun setting). What moments would you like to relish in the coming year?
-  One that springs immediately to mind is "good food" - not a great meal, but the first bite of a crisp McIntosh apple in September or a hot cup of peppermint or jasmine tea on a cold afternoon.  The feel of warm sheets and pjs fresh from the dryer.  Unexpected thanks or acts of friendship. 

Prompt 19: Joy 
What does a joyful life look like for you?
- Let's turn that to "joy-filled": one with moments of deep friendships, good food, unexpected blisses mixed with times of silence and reflection.

Prompt 20: Community 
 Where have you discovered community, online or otherwise, in 2011? What community would you like to join, create or more deeply connect with in 2012?
- I've already blogged about the Surprising Moments of Joy that I've found with community, but wait - there's more!  As readers know, my sister is a very different person than I am, but reading this makes me a little envious of the community she (and her husband) have created:

While every week seems a bit much to me, a gathering like this once a month has such appeal!

No comments: