25.12.11

#Reverb11: Week Three

The third week of #Reverb11 prompts - here are my responses:

Prompt 8: Limits
We often learn our limits the hard way. Were there any limits you realized this past year? Alternately, what self-imposed limits were you able to move beyond this year?
- I'm not sure that I realized any new limits this year, but I have become more aware of the limits to my energy levels, my ability to deal with unreasonable people and desire for a cluttered life. As for moving beyond, perhaps clutter isn't a limit, per se, but moving towards a simpler, "loser"-oriented life definitely is.

Prompt 9: Superpower
If you were a superhero, what would your power be?
- This is not a "superpower" but I'd like to have some artistic talent. Even being able to sing on-key feels like it requires powers far beyond me!


Prompt 10: Soul Food
How do you nourish your soul? What activities are essential nutrients for your soul’s well-being?
- It's axiomatic that cuddling with The Herd feeds my soul. Beyond that: spending time with "family" (those related to me and those relatives-by-choice). choosing to eat (drink) only quality food (or drink). Meeting and silence. reading curled up in front of my fireplace.

Prompt 11: Anticipation
What is the one thing that you are most looking forward to in 2012?
- Moving on to whatever the next phase in my life is (those of you that know me IRL will understand that one).

Prompt 12: Mistakes
It’s easy to focus on our mistakes—to reflect with 20/20 hindsight and berate ourselves for what went wrong. Bring your awareness to a mistake you’ve made over the past year. Unveil one positive lesson from that mistake. How can you actively use this lesson moving forward?
- Not moving past a relationship that wasn't working; my not finding a positive way to do this has (I believe) hurt the other person, which I feel guilty about because that wasn't the intention. The lesson? That dealing with those with whom I feel anger/hurt/resentment/irritation/etc towards still demands grace and thoughtfulness on my part. And I intend to try to make amends now, as well as being more aware in the future.

No comments: