18.12.11

#Reverb11 Round-up: Week Two

The second week of #Reverb11 prompts asked us to think about the topic of giving. Here is my response:

Prompt #7: Giving
“The purpose of life is to discover your gift. The meaning of life is to give your gift away.” (David Viscott) What is your gift to give?
- I'd like to think that my gift to give is my loyalty to my friends, trying to be there when they need me, offering hope, encouragement and an ear/shoulder as required. My gift to give to my profession is practicality, looking at the what the thinkers and doers are up to and trying to work out ways that others can emulate and adapt their ideas. My gift to give to my employers, colleagues and students is hard work and help with their reading and information needs.

One friend told me that we only have three things to give: time, treasure and talent. I often freely give of my time and talent (such as it is), but treasure? That's a goal to work on for 2012.

1 comment:

Aravis said...

I treasure the gift of your friendship.