29.6.11

Moving merrily forward...

We all know the phrase when life hands you lemons, make lemonade. I forget where I read it, but there's a slight twist that I've been using (most recently in a presentation I gave), when life hands you limes, make margaritas.

Then, yesterday, my friend Cam posted this on Facebook: Always turn your wheel in the direction of the skid. (According to another poster, that only works if the car is a rear wheel drive car... anyone know if that's the case?)

Anyway, I've reached what could be considered a bumpy patch, and was considering the limes/margaritas phrase as my personal motto. But now, I'm thinking the car analogy might be better. Fasten your seatbelts, it's going to be a bumpy ride!

1 comment:

Aravis said...

I've heard the same thing. I have front wheel drive, and now you're making me think. Naturally given the weather around here in the winter, I've skidded once or twice. For the life of me, I can't recall at the moment whether or not that's what I do. I know that it's what I was taught, at any rate.

Tell you what- the next time you skid, try it and find out for yourself. ;0)