26.5.11

I think I'm in trouble...

Last weekend I went shopping for food for The Boys.  At the checkout, the clerk looked at my many, many cans and said, "please tell me you have multiple cats."  I thought of saying, "no, I just hate shopping for cat food; this will last me several months," but instead I confirmed that yes, I did have multiple cats and the food was merely one month's worth.

Then Tuesday the repair guy came to fix my Internet connection (I had no service for - gasp! - over a week).  He came into the house several times, and finally confirmed that someone had cut through my line on the outside.  As we were trying to get the modem back on-line he asked, a little hesitantly, "why do you have so many books in your house?"  I told him I was a school librarian.  He then asked - incredulously - "you mean you've read them all?"

Clearly what I think of as normal life is not anyone else's idea of normal...

3 comments:

Jandy said...

Are you telling me that's not normal??? Oh, no...

Aravis said...

Should have told the clerk the food was for you. ;0)

I hope you mean that the line was cut accidentally? I wondered where you were. It seemed unlike you not to post here, on your blog, or on twitter. Good to see you back again.

There's nothing odd about a house full of books, or of having read/intending to read them. What's odd is that other people don't. *G*

Lazygal said...

Aravis, I think it was cut accidentally... probably by the landscaping crew. Sigh.