27.9.10

Number 9... Number 9...

What is it with New York State and Route 9? Just recently, I've driven on the "real" Route 9, Route 9H and Route 9G. In the past, I've been on Routes 9A, 9B, 9D, 9N and 9R.

Of course, that's not the only thing I was pondering during my recent drive. I passed through the Town of Clinton, in Duchess County. This is not to be confused with the Village of Clinton, which is actually located in the Town of Kirkland (Oneida County), 140 miles away. The Village is the home of Hamilton College, which is not to be confused with Colgate University located in Hamilton NY (21 miles south). The Village of Hamilton is located in Madison County. No idea if it has any bridges...

2 comments:

Jandy said...

chuckle

Jandy said...

While I've heard of Clinton (and may have been through one of them, don't know which) I hadn't known any of your other locations. I've never lived in New York. But while going through my other blogs after yours, I found this:

http://www.hamilton.edu/news/story/mellon-foundation-awards-800k-for-digital-humanities-initiative

Strange the way life works...