25.5.10

A very productive weekend

Thing Two is fond of asking "did you have a productive weekend?" when I speak with him Sunday night or Monday. Most of the time, the "yes" depends on your definition of "productive". For example, I think that reading a book (or two) and napping is really quite productive. YMMV.

This past weekend, however, was productive in the non-reading, non-napping sense, mainly because my parents were visiting. By the weekend's end, I'd*:

Gotten a new car

Weeded the Back 2 1/2 (feet, that is - the "plot" is perhaps 6"x5' max)
Planted impatiens in the Back 2 1/2

Bought two hanging plants

Hung a hanging plant holder on the deck

Fixed the screen door to the deck (I can now leave that door open)
Took delivery of my new, custom built and designed, mahogany-and-maple end table

Fixed the toilet in the guest bathroom

Left unfinished was setting up my new printer/scanner/copier and organizing my closets.

So yes, Thing Two, this was a very productive weekend!

(* by "I", I mean "most of this was done by my father as my mother and I looked on")

4 comments:

Alice in Infoland said...

Yeah, somehow I didn't think that YOU fixed the toilet.

Aravis said...

You know, I was already feeling guilty for my recent laziness thanks to Randy's productivity, and then you go and do this! Heaping shame upon guilt. Some friend you are! *G*

Seriously though, everything looks great. Love the new car! How about you? Happy with it so far?

Anonymous said...

Your photos are great. What does YMMV mean? RLC

Lazygal said...

Alice, does it count if I watched intently?

RLC, "Your Mileage May Vary".