1. Were you named after anyone?
Yes, my maternal grandmother (who died when I was -12). It's a Jewish tradition.
2. When was the last time you cried?
Uh, I think yesterday. Possibly as long ago as Monday. And before people get worried, it was most likely that save-the-animals commercial (the one with Sarah McLaughlin as the soundtrack).
3. Do you like your handwriting?
When I think about it, yes. When I'm writing fast, it tends to look like Arabic or shorthand. But I had a teacher who used to keep me in during recess if I didn't write neatly, with a fountain pen. The problem was that in America I'd learned D'Nealian (D'Nealian) while in Geneva we were expected to use Palmer. To this day I can do both!
4. What is your favorite lunch meat?
Prosciutto is first, obviously, but I'll settle for roast beef.
5. Do you have kids?
Do The Boys count? If not, then no. None that I'm aware of, that is.
6. If you were another person, would you be friends with you?
I'd like to think so.
7. Do you use sarcasm?
8. Do you still have your tonsils?
Thanks to my mother being anti-unnecessary surgery, I still have them. That means, of course, that I've had to warn dentists and doctors before they look (and some express surprise).
9. Would you bungee jump?
Not if my life depended on it.
10. What is your favorite cereal?
Oatmeal, with raisins cooked in and just a hit of brown sugar on top.
11. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off?
I don't usually wear shoes that require tying, but when I do, yes, they get untied when I take them off.
Where is Question #12?
13. What is your favorite ice cream?
Cam mentioned gelato, which is totally unfair (and not really ice cream). But that'd be my first option, with a nice mix of lemon and chocolate. For pedants, I'll say "Haagen Daz Vanilla Swiss Almond".
14. What is the first thing you notice about people?
General looks, but it's really the smile and what I sense about the brain behind it all that is the first impression.
15. Red or pink?
Deep pink, not that pastel stuff.
16. What is your least favorite thing about yourself?
My laziness. Seriously. And that's closely followed by my clutter habit, my inability to be nice first thing in the morning, my self-absorbtion (see all the "I" and "me" and "my" comments in this post?), my impatience with idiocy as I percieve it.
17. Whom do you miss the most?
There's not just one person! One college and one prep school friend spring to mind; I miss them equally.
18. Do you want everyone to complete this list?
Well, of course everyone <i>should</i> complete this - doesn't everyone follow my leave? Seriously, though, it would be nice if someone did but I'm not holding my breath.
19. What color pants and shoes are you wearing?
Sort of plaid flannel pj pants; and no shoes.
Where is Question #20?
21. What are you listening to right now?
Watching Season Three of Big Love.
22. If you were a crayon, what color would you be?
Something dark, like Midnight Blue or Forrest Green
23. Favorite smells?
Lilacs and The Boys' fur
24. Who was the last person you talked to on the phone?
25. Do you like the person [from whom you got this meme]?
Yes. We seem to have many of the same tastes!
26. Favorite sports to watch?
Formula One racing; the Boston Celtics and some figure skating (it's pretty boring when you only get to see one skater and then a ton of commercials)
27. Hair color?
Dark brown with some grey.
28. Eye color?
It says hazel on my driver's license.
29. Do you wear contacts?
Luckily my eyesight's not bad enough that I need glasses all the time, so no. On the other hand, I don't think I could (touching my eyeball? Ewwwww!)
30. Favorite food?
Fresh fruit in season.
31. Scary movies or happy endings?
Isn't that the same thing? I mean, how many of us really get the happy ending - it's scary when it happens!
32. Last movie you watched?
At the movies: Sherlock Holmes. On Netflix: The Answer Man
33. What color shirt are you wearing?
Maroon (it matches the pj bottoms)
34. Summer or winter?
35. Hugs or kisses?
Hugs. They convey so much, don't they? You can get a hug when you're upset, happy, excited, in solidarity, etc.. Don't get me wrong, I like kisses, but they usually don't happen when you're sad.
Where is Question #36?
37. Most likely to [grab this meme]?
Not even going to hazard a guess.
38. Least likely to [grab this meme]?
99% of my readership.
39. What book are you reading now?
The Queen of Palmyra by Minrose Gwin. Here's a question: why are so many books these days subtitled "A Novel"?
40. What is on your mousepad?
41. What did you watch on TV last night?
Criminal Minds with Thing One.
42. Favorite sound(s)?
The Boys purring. The natural silence I hear when I'm home with the windows open. Good music.
43. Rolling Stones or Beatles?
I'm going mainstream: Beatles
44. What is the farthest you have been from home?
Israel. Or California, depending on how you define "home" (the former is farthest from my childhood home, the latter from my current home)
45. Do you have a special talent?
I read really quickly?
46 Where were you born?
Rumor has it was at the Boston Lying-In.