10.1.10

A new meme

I found this meme while looking at Cam's Small Pond and am dragging it here!
f you leave a comment on this post, I will:

1. Tell you why I befriended you.
2. Associate you with something - fandom, a song, a color, a photo, etc.
3. Tell you something I like about you.
4. Tell you a memory I have of you.
5. Ask something I've always wanted to know about you.
6. Tell you my favorite user pic of yours.

In return, you must post this in your blog.


For those of you too lazy to go over to her blog, here's our Q&A:

1. Why I befriended you: Well, we're obviously not LJ friends, but we friended each other back on the old ReadersVine, and there must have been a reason. :-) Can't recall whether we met in a chat room or via a random IM, but as you were in the "Lewis" family and I have always had a thing for CSL, that was probably an early point of contact.

2. I associate you with... New York City!

3. Something I like: You have great taste in comics! I've picked up several favorites from your links list.

4. Favorite memory: At least once, you pointed my then- blogging hero Terry Teachout to a post of mine, and then forwarded me the short email response from him indicating that he'd read it (and maybe even thought it was interesting-- wouldn't you know, I can't find the email at the moment, though I keep everything!). This tickled me.

5. Question: How did you find your way to the Quakers from... your background is Jewish, right? (If this is too personal, say so-- I can delete this comment & try again.)

6. Favorite pic: I like the Facebook one with your nose peeking above the book.

For the record, the answer to Q5 is rather long and complicated - it starts in 1976, when my mother's father died (along with most of my Jewish faith) and ends in 1995, when I started working at a Quaker school. The rest, as they say, is history. If that's not enough of an answer, clamor here and I'll fill in all the blanks... or at least those fit for publication.

No comments: