30.10.09

I just shouldn't be allowed out on my own...

I live in a Town about an hour north of NYC. It's a sprawling town, and there are some oddities (like, I have a street address there but vote/pay taxes in the next Town over and my fire district is a third Town). All the shopping and sidewalks and Post Office are in the smaller administrative unit. This isn't that unusual: my parents live in SmallTown, just outside SmallVillage.

Today I went to buy groceries and saw a sign that read "Hamlet Beautification Project" and the only thing that crossed my mind was, Isn't that why they cast Jude Law?

3 comments:

PH said...

I don't quite get the title.

camillofan said...

I happen to think that *only* people who'd look at it that way should be allowed out on their own... :-)

Jandy said...

Are you sure you don't live in Ohio? I have relatives in a small town situation with the same sort of government - live in one, fire and ambulance from another, post office/mailing in another, and library in one of the two that's not their own town...