1.1.09

Year-end Reading Round-up

Counting down from last year's 3952 books left to read, I've got 3773 more books enjoy. 329 of them are sitting on Mt. Bookpile as I type!

What did I think about books I've read this past year? For lists, go here, here, here and here.

And here's the 2008 reading analysis (2007 numbers in parens):

number of books read in 2008: 180 (120)
best month: July - 29
worst month: April - 5
average read per month: 15 (10)
adult fiction as percentage of total: 6 (16)
children's/YA fiction as percentage of total: 65 (44)
mystery as percentage of total: 13 (25)
books read that were published in 2008: 77

180 books... not as good as Jandys, perhaps, but not shabby either. The sad thing is that I also added 131 to Mt. Bookpile. Oh well, there's always 2009!

Other Reading Round-ups:
Asking the Wrong Questions
Bookgirl's Nightstand
So Many Books
And many, many links at Semicolon

3 comments:

cafeshree said...

I read 164 books this year, the majority adult though a lot of young adult ones as well. July was my worst month with only 7 books! February was the best with 23! I would not have guessed that.

Lazygal said...

Shree, I know my total would have been lower had I not decided to try to rid Mt. Bookpile of all those C/YA books - they're pretty quick reads! We'll see how 2009 shapes up, but my guess is the final number will be back to my usual 100-150.

Jandy said...

Thanks for the nod - but then there's my daughter - 256! That's with graduating college and starting her master's. Sheesh!

have pen, will travel