26.1.09

The Interview Meme

The Restaurant Refugee invited readers to participate in a self-selecting meme (for the introverted among us!):
If you'd like to play along, just follow these instructions:
1. Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me."
2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. I get to pick the questions.
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions. Be sure you link back to the original post.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

So, what did the RR ask me?

1. What advice would you give to our new president regarding revitalizing urban libraries? Money. I know that budgets for libraries are determined by municipalities, and that many are hurting for other, basic services so library budgets get cut. There needs to be a way to stop that, to make funding available for new materials, staffing, longer hours, etc.. QPL is slashing acquisitions in order to retain staff and maintain hours. We should not be forced to make that choice, Mr. President. Find a way to get money to the library systems that need it most.

2. You mentioned on your blog that you recently adopted another cat – a kitten, in fact. New kitten joined with other cats at your house. How many cats do you own and does it concern you that you may become the stereotypical "Cat Lady?" First of all, no one "owns" a cat. Counting Francis, three live with me now, and Greta visits on occasion (she lives in Brooklyn the rest of the time). So 3.5 would be the most correct answer. As for being a stereotypical Cat Lady, I'm starting to suspect the boat has sailed on that one!

3. If you were to view your life as a piece of software, what's your version number (i.e. LazyGal 2.6?) Good question... I'd have to say it's probably Lazygal 3.2 (Version 1 being childhood, Version 2 being adult life up until the move to school libraries). I'm thinking Lazygal 3.3 might be released in beta sometime soon, but you never know.

4. The first time I visited your blog it was to conduct research for this set of questions. I am sure that I barely scratched the surface of your more than six years of posts. What two posts do you wish that I had read? Professional post would have to be A New Mantra (and not just because Doug liked it!); it summarizes where my thinking is these days. Personal posts are more difficult... Psychic Kicking is certainly one, as is Finally: the photos.

5. Please describe your favorite email received since starting your blog. Bonus: describe your least favorite too. I don't get a lot of e-mail about the blog, so I'll respond about comments. I got a number of comments (since deleted) about this post from people involved in the case. Some were, well, disturbing. So that's the bad. The good was when Terry Teachout noticed my blog.

2 comments:

Alice in Infoland said...

OK, I'll bite. Interview me!

Ellysa said...

RR sent in some great questions for you! Ok, I'll do it too. Interview me!