3.7.08

I hate leaving home...



Home isn't just where the heart is, it's where The Boys are. I know it's important for me to leave the house: for work, for shopping, for conferences, for friends. But I really, really hate it.

The good part about leaving is the Coming Back. No matter that someone stands not three feet away from me and screams, at the top of their lungs, that I'm an evil, horrible person... no matter that someone claims I'm trying to ruin their life and am hostile to them... no matter that years of trying to be a good friend to someone and to help them were wasted because they never cared about being friends... no matter what the problem or hurt or anything, The Boys are there to love me and purr at me.

No matter how messed up my system is because of a change to my usual routine (something that's really a problem when you have CFS), there's such incredible healing when I bury my nose in their fur and they snuggle close.

5 comments:

Jandy said...

The "screaming" stops and the purring starts - that's a great welcome home.

Aravis said...

They are such snuggly comfort, aren't they?

Alice in Infoland said...

Who dares stand so close to you, yelling and calling you names? Let me at them!! I'll mordevitz them.

Terri B. said...

I sure miss my fur ball. So comforting when tired or not feeling well. Can't wait to see your book booty from ALA. I picked up quite a few ARCs and a few I paid for (but got uber cheap; hello $5 hardbacks of new titles!) and will post a picture when I recover from the conference! And I didn't even have to travel more than 5 miles. I find these huge events completely exhausting. Glad you got home and had some snuggly cats to greet you!

Sherri said...

What two year old did the screaming? Did you laugh and walk off?

*sigh* I saw a kitty at the vet today and if I weren't risking divorce, I so would have looked into adopting him...but I think I persuaded the lady who was trying NOT to fall in love with him to just go ahead and do it.