- The Death of Jayson Porter Jaime Adoff Ow. But a must read
- The Life and Crimes of Bernetta Wallflower Lisa Graff The plot was a little unbelievable, so a "not buy" for MPOW
- How the Hangman Lost His Heart K.M. Grant Not entirely believable, but enjoyable
- Runemarks Joanne Harris I don't get why the American publisher changed the cover, but don't let it stop you: read this
- Pandora Gets Jealous Carolyn Hennessy Another Lightning Thief read-alike reviewed here
- Life on the Refrigerator Door: Notes Between a Mother and a Daughter Alice Kuipers The more I thought about this, the less I liked it
- The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks E. Lockhart Tried too hard to be clever
- Chasing Normal Lisa Papademetriou Meh
- Hurt Go Happy Ginny Rorby I cried. Can't imagine that you won't, too.
- Saving Juliet Suzanne Selfors Unbelievable historical fiction
- Dusssie Nancy Springer YAY! A great read-alike for the Lightning Thief crowd
- The Mysterious Case of the Allbright Academy Diane Stanley Already reviewed
- Project 17 Laurie Faria Stolarz Not the horror-fest I expected, and the resolution didn't really make sense
- Big Fat Manifesto Susan Vaught 'Nuf said
- The Brothers Torres Coert Voorhees Well-written Latino coming of age
- Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac Gabrielle Zevin Not always believable, but not a bad read
- Magdalene Angela Elwell Hunt Not the Da Vinci-alike I was fearing, just historical fiction about the life of the Magdalene. Not sure I bought it, but not bad either
- After River Donna Miller Quiet, enjoyable, but predictable
- Consumption Kevin Patterson Predictable, but very powerful all the same
- The Lunatic Anthony Winkler Couldn't finish
- The Last Apprentice: Night of the Soul Stealer Joseph Delaney Not the first in the series, but I barely noticed!
- Making Money Terry Pratchett Sadly, DEATH doesn't appear in this one, but other than that, it's Discworld so 'nuf said
- The End of Mr Y Scarlett Thomas Thought-provoking, which isn't something I usually expect from this genre
- Christine Falls Benjamin Black Good mystery by John Banville; looking forward to reading the next one
- The Nicholas Feast, Pat McIntosh If you like medieval mysteries, this is a good series (no Cadfael, but then, what is?)
- The Savage Garden Mark Mills Disappointing mystery with the solution telegraphed well before the reveal
- Plain Truth Jodi Picoult I've never read Jodi Picoult before, but this was an interesting mystery and I wouldn't mind reading more
- Exit Music, Ian Rankin Let's hope that this isn't the last Rebus.
- The Art of Political Murder: Who Killed the Bishop? Francisco Goldman 'nuf said.
- Not Buying It: My Year Without Shopping Judith Levine I tried to learn from this, but Ms. Levine didn't give much away; much better if you go in expecting a treatise on consumer culture than in how to cut back
- The Courage to Teach: Exploring the Inner Landscape of a Teacher's Life Parker J. Palmer MPOW started a professional development reading group and this was our first read; thought-provoking, but not really inspirational
- The Wit and Wisdom of Discworld Terry Pratchett Do I really need to say anything?
Total removed from Mt. Bookpile this quarter: 32
New books added to Mt. Bookpile this quarter: 42
Net gain: 10
Guess I need to read faster!