16.1.08

Notes from Mt. Bookpile

Children's/Young Adult
Fiction/Literature
  • Magdalene Angela Elwell Hunt Not the Da Vinci-alike I was fearing, just historical fiction about the life of the Magdalene. Not sure I bought it, but not bad either
  • After River Donna Miller Quiet, enjoyable, but predictable
  • Consumption Kevin Patterson Predictable, but very powerful all the same
  • The Lunatic Anthony Winkler Couldn't finish

Sci-Fi/Fantasy

Mystery
  • Christine Falls Benjamin Black Good mystery by John Banville; looking forward to reading the next one
  • The Nicholas Feast, Pat McIntosh If you like medieval mysteries, this is a good series (no Cadfael, but then, what is?)
  • The Savage Garden Mark Mills Disappointing mystery with the solution telegraphed well before the reveal
  • Plain Truth Jodi Picoult I've never read Jodi Picoult before, but this was an interesting mystery and I wouldn't mind reading more
  • Exit Music, Ian Rankin Let's hope that this isn't the last Rebus.

Non-Fiction

Total removed from Mt. Bookpile this quarter: 32
New books added to Mt. Bookpile this quarter: 42
Net gain: 10

Guess I need to read faster!

1 comment:

Jandy said...

First - only a net gain of 10? Not bad!

Second - You liked Christine Falls better than I did. At the time I thought it was OK - but I'll admit I can still remember the story, so that's a point in its favor.