23.11.07

Things You Didn't Know About Me

  1. I don't tolerate caffeine well. Usually, decaf is more than enough to keep me up, and I actually prefer tea. However, every now and then I have a cup of coffee. Unlike Thing One, who drinks his "regular", or Thing Two who drinks his black, I add lots of milk (or cream or half-and-half) and sugar (or sugar substitute) to my coffee, or decaf. Yesterday, at 11am, I had a cup - actually, probably more like 1 1/2 - 2 cups, given the size of the mug. Definitely in the range of a Starbucks "tall". Despite turkey and the attending tryptophan, and half a bottle of a decent Pinot Gris, I didn't sleep last night. It's all the coffee's fault.
  2. I hate windchimes. Yes, I know some (like Woodstock Chimes) are quite nice sounding, and if it's a calm day with a bit of a breeze they're not bad. But... last night (while I wasn't sleeping) it was quite windy. Gusty, even. And those (*%^*#$@ windchimes did not make my night any easier.

I think that's enough for now - gotta keep the sense of mystery going, right?

2 comments:

Sherri said...

*giggle*

I have two sets of windchimes, of the larger, tuned variety (one has pipes over 4 feet tall, the other ranges from 1 to 2 feet). Currently the larger set is down (I miss them, too, but they need repair), but the smaller set is near the front door, which is near a window I can see from my side of the bed. I her them most of the time. When I don't, I wonder why I don't. They are tuned to an A minor 7th chord, which is, to me, the sound of sadness tinged with great hope, the sound of peaceful nostalgia, and in my top 20 favorite things to hear.

The tinkly little wind chimes annoy me (which is why I love my big ones).

The large chime in the back I love because it sounds like real bells. Unfortunately, when it rings in just a certain way, it sings out "Nanny nanny booboo", which can be unnerving.

Lazygal said...

Thing One thinks it's Someone's Revenge that I live next to people that seem to love them - there are chimes in the front and back of the house!