8.8.07

Time Out

Today I leave for my Big Summer Trip. Yes, given recent events, it couldn't possibly come at a worse time but, there you are.

The impetus for the trip came from Thing One, who decided that I had not taken any real vacation (or done any non-family, non-library travel) in ten years. Yep, ten years. So the gift of a trip was one of my Christmas presents. I thought... I pondered... and I suggested Edinburgh, home of the International Festival and Festival Fringe. I haven't been there in 25 years, and Thing One has never been.

(Completely coincidentally, and I do mean this, the biennial Book Festival is also the weekend we're there)

So, we've lined up tickets to: The Bacchae (with Alan Cumming), X-Files Improv and Camille. If we can get Tattoo tix, we will, and there's other stuff we'll see as the mood takes us.

I suspect a fair bit of sightseeing is also on order, and we're planning to lunch with the Head of Modern Languages at MPOW on Sunday.

No blogging, no checking e-mail, no nothing but travel and fun and forgetting for the next six days. See you when I return!

1 comment:

Aravis said...

Wow, have a wonderful time! It sounds like not only are you overdue, but also that you could really use it.

I can't wait to hear all about it when you get back. :0)