13.3.07

Just when you think it can't get worse

I'm not an obsessively clean person. I am an organized person, but I can live with a certain amount of disorder in my life. Right now: too much disorder.

It's not just the unpacked boxes littering my living room. Or the fact that I can't figure out what to do with my kitchen stuff. Or even the need to put my Children's/Young Adult subcollection in order. It's also the fact that I'm tired and The Boys aren't used to the space and I haven't settled into a routine.

Then Friday my desktop gave me The Blue Screen of Death. My assistant's husband is a systems/security analyst for a Major Computer Software company and he's unable to get it to function (although we may be able to save the data). Now I have to get a new computer to go with the new house and the new rugs and the new bookcases and all the other new stuff. It's enough to make me go back to catalog cards and green ledgers.

Just what I did not need right now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Deep breaths. Take deeeeeep breaths. You're overstressed. This too shall pass... although not as quickly as one would hope.

Aravis said...

I'm so sad. I could handle the chaos, but my computer dying would push me over the edge.

You have my undying admiration.