25.10.06

Qualified?

Quiz Blogger features Interview: That Guy Off Jeopardy!
What was the most surreal moment you experienced during the time of the Jeopardy! madness?

There were plenty of odd moments, but nothing was weirder than the phone calls I got from prominent, front-page American politicians encouraging me to run for "Congress" (like your Parliament, except that they like to IM underage boys). The consensus, at the highest levels, appeared to be that, having appeared on a quiz show, I was now a viable Senate candidate. If this doesn't tell you what's wrong with American democracy, nothing will.
Which is only slightly better than the ads I've been seeing pro one New Jersey candidate, which basically say "A vote for the other guy is a vote for Bush" without explaining what he's actually for.

It's a coin-toss, I tell ya!

No comments: