15.9.06

If it CAN go wrong...

That's what this week has been like: if it could go wrong, it has. Things started out on a "done too much over the weekend and I'm tired" note, and have ended up on a "if the roof doesn't cave in on Saturday that'll be the high point" note. Personal life... professional life... all totally in the crapper this week.

Clearly, blogging isn't my top priority - salvaging my sanity is.

And speaking of sanity, am I the only person in my generation to know these lyrics?
Are you from Function, from Function Junction
Where all those function suction cups are made?
If you're from Function, from Function Junction
Well, I'm from Function too.

Yes I'm from Function, from Function Junction
Where all those function suction cups are made.
And you're from Function, from Function Junction
Hello Mother, I knew it was you!"
Because if so, my mother has a lot to answer for, along with Uppy Duppy (a variant on Ubby Dubby)

6 comments:

stj said...

am not going to do "the things will get better, there's light at the end of the tunnel" thing because this has been that kind of week for everybody.
slogging along is the only way to get thru it....
oh, um, yes...never heard, saw those lyrics....mom has a lot to answer to it seems...

Sherri said...

Never heard them, although they do have a very Arlo Guthrie feel to them...

So far, my week has had an even roll to it. I stayed home today to continue tile work, but after only only one row my hip is really bothering me, and I just got called to come in this afternoon because there's some sort of email problem. So it seems to even out.

kobear said...

Your reference to Uppy-Duppy brought a smile to my face. You taught me that language in about fourth grade, and I still remember it. I even taught it to my kids when they were younger. They thought it was pretty cool.

Anonymous said...

Our ski club sings this frequently, with the ending:
Don't cry, lady, I'll buy your
stinkin' violets.
Don't cry lady, I'll buy your pencils, too.
Don't cry lady--take off those big
dark glasses--
Hello, Mother, I knowed it was you!

Melvin Faris said...

I saw the Function Junction Suction Cup thing in an underground comic in 1975. I don't remember the mag- it may have been Zap or Sudden Death or one of those. You had to be trippin' to understand some of that stuff.

William Kirchmeyer said...

We sang it at Summer Camp:

Are you from Function?
...from Function Junction?
Where Function Junction Suction Cups are made?
Are you from Function?
...from Function Junction?
Well I'm from Function too-oo-oo!

Okay Lady, I'll buy your red, red roses;
Don't cry lady, I'll buy your pencils, too -
Hey there Lady--take off those horn-rimmed glasses!
Hello, Mother, I knew it was you!

and also with some non-PC verses about American Indians, which I won't repeat here.