9.8.06

Can she do it?

Over the past few years, I've never really taken a vacation - I've gone to conferences (Wanna know about P'burg or Birmingham vis-a-vis their convention center and downtown hotels? I'm your gal!), gone to Woodstock, or visited my parents.

Well, all that's about to change. We're celebrating my father's 70th birthday this year, and he, my mother and I are heading to Rhinebeck for 48 hours of feeding, shopping and touristing (not to mention staying in a swanky B&B).

The biggest change: I'm not bringing my laptop. I'll be completely Internet/E-mail free. I haven't done that since... well, I think 2002 and my stay in the hospital. Never mind that my new assistant and our temp are working on projects... never mind that there's Stuff I Need To Track. I'm going cold turkey for 48(ish) hours.

Let's see how well I survive!

No comments: