4.7.06

I have the weirdest cat

When I first brought Bogie home, his name was Emily (apparently it's hard to differentiate between the sexes at one month). He was a cute little handfull, literally. As he grew, he seemed to have not just gender, but species issues: he'd hop like a kangaroo or sit like a groundhog. He hasn't completely outgrown those, even ten years later.

The thing I find funniest is when he decides to drag one of my slippers, or nightgown, or teddy bear, to the front door. Until today, I've never actually seen this move, but as I'm sitting here, doing my early morning computer "chores", it happened. First there was yowling, then he appeared, a teddy bear clenched firmly in his teeth. After a quick circuit of the living room, yowling all the while, he dropped the bear on the floor and flopped next to it. I'm waiting to see what's next...

Tag:

4 comments:

Aravis said...

Hopefully the next step in this progression isn't the carrying of anything living or dead. *G* He sounds like a wonderful character! :0)

Lazygal said...

Well, The Boys are indoor cats (it's even written into my lease!) and this cottage is pretty tight so no critters can get in...

My other favorite move of his is when he picks up the throw blankets from the couch and kneeds them while trying to walk.

Stefanie said...

Are you sure your cat isn't really a dog? ;)

stj said...

should give him steroids so he can lift the couch up while you're cleaning the house