21.6.06

Reader's Block

Over at TRP we have had discussions about "readers block": like writers block, but when you just can't read. Sometimes this happens because you're too busy, or because you're sick and can't concentrate, but sometimes it's just one of those things. You only want to watch stupid tv or movies or something -- anything -- other than actually read.

I've been following the discussions about the 48 Hour Book Challenge,. The premise is that you read during those hours, and then, after, blog about what you've read. Thoughts, synopses, random musings, whatever was triggered by the pages that flipped by as you embarked on this read. I considered participating, but (you guessed it) Readers Block hit.

Ok, having a friend down for the weekend didn't help.

But it's more than that. This quarter I've only read about 18 books. That's it. Last year, same quarter, I read 23 books. This on top of the To Do List. One of my goals has been to deplete Mt. Bookpile, reducing it to rubble. Not happening. And, starting tomorrow, I'm in New Orleans for ALA's Annual Conference (more on that later). Which means RA copies of books to add.

I guess we'll see what next quarter brings.

Tags: , ,

1 comment:

Karmon said...

Oh my sister, you have my sympathies. I've been so swamped at work that I'm too exhausted to actually comprehend what I'm reading. Hopefully the conference will inspire you!