22.3.06

My little secret

I hate travel. I hate leaving my cozy cottage and going to work, to visit friends, to conferences. I just want to snuggle under the covers with a good book and The Boys and do nothing else. All day. Every day.

There. I've said it.

The reality is, of course, that I can't just do that. I do actually enjoy the give-and-take of conversing with people. I resent that I have to leave my nest to do so.

I need to get ready for the upcoming conference. I have to clean the cottage (always come back to a neat, tidy house - one of my mother's rules). I have to put out food for The Boys. I have to pack. I have to leave my comfort zone and go be "me".

I'm sure I'll learn a lot and meet interesting people (and even play hooky a little). But I'll be eagerly waiting for the time I unlock my front door, see The Boys and curl up with them in bed.

Tags:

1 comment:

Aravis said...

I don't blame you. Staying in a nice cozy home with a couple of purr balls is lovely!