18.3.06

I hate getting older!

Ok, so it's not really about getting older. Maybe it's my metabolism or a weird genetic quirk But I have to blame something for my increasing inability to process caffeine. And aging's gonna take the hit. I used to be able to drink coffee. Black. Lots of it. When? Oh, 20+ years ago in college and prep school. Even up through about 30 I could still do it - even though I noticed that too much made me break out. But now?

I'm such a wuss.

Yesterday, knowing that my weekend visitor would not get to my cottage until about 10:30, I decided to have a cup of coffee. This was at 8:45am. Friday is Technology Department Meeting Day at MPOW, and I'm a member of that department. Usually the meetings are about as interesting as watching paint dry (who really cares how many laptops are broken, and I don't have anything to do with grade entry). However, since yesterday was the day that Spring Break starts, my boss brought in Munchkins and Dunkin' Donuts coffee.

So I had another cup. This was 9:10 - 9:30. AM.

I was still wide awake at midnight. I finally fell asleep at around 3. The Boys decided that Mommy'd slept enough around 4. After kicking them out of my room, I slept until 7. Now I have a slight caffeine hangover, and no where near my usual 8-9 hours sleep. But I can't sleep any more.

Getting older sucks.

No comments: