17.12.05

Why do we do this to ourselves?

Here it is, the first morning of my Winter Break and I'm at work. Not just blogging, but starting in on a ton of chores. And there's more to be done during the week I have off (let's not even start on the fact that I don't get the two weeks that the faculty get, but as an administrator I have to work five of eleven days!).

I'd share the list, but that'd just be depressing. My bigger query is: why is it so difficult to really relax and enjoy a break? I think many of us do the same, stockpiling chores until the weekend or some time off, rather than rationing them throughout our lives so that we can, in fact, have a break.

My goal for the next week is to try to do both. I'll work on chores from 9-1, and then the rest of the time will be for MMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. And, of course, we're nearing the quarterly Notes from Mt. Bookpile posting, which will be larger than usual (41 books this quarter and counting!).

See you during my next 'break' from Break!

No comments: