6.12.05

Very cool

I know I usually rail against technology and how it isn't always the best thing - sometimes old, tried'n'true works better. However, sometimes that's just not the case. Thanks to Briar, I discovered The Things I Want, a website that lets you consolidate wishlists.

Why is this better? In the good old days, I'd have to create a wish list (using pen/paper, and later my Palm) and find a way to get that information to people (Xerox/snail mail, beaming, e-mail, etc.). Then, using Powells and Amazon, I was able to create lists and give people links. But multiple links - because I prefer Powells to Amazon for books (and now DVDs), but Amazon had music and other items. Now, with TTIW, I can just send out one link, and - voila - everything's there!

How cool is that?

Here's my list, which I share not for "buy me" purposes but for inspiration for others on your lists. Me? I'm happy with Mt. Bookpile, Nexflix and my new tv.

2 comments:

bri said...

Circa notebooks are excellent.

And I loved Ibbotson's Star of Kazan.

Lazygal said...

Yeah, I know. I have a Circa now and I want more.