27.11.05

Choices... choices...

I spent a few hours yesterday moving things from one storage space to another. The second space is smaller, but climate-controlled and cheaper than the other place. Both of which make sense, particularly when most of The Collection is stashed there awaiting the purchase of my Home (and the building of My Library).

It was so tempting to open the boxes of books, visit old friends and pull stuff that I know would help teachers/students that I'm working with. But I didn't. I was steadfast and the boxes remain sealed. Of course, that's partly because the movers just dumped what fit into each box, ignoring my organization and categorization scheme as they did so.

This article
in the Guardian has me thinking about Next Steps. How will I arrange The Collection when the library is in place? Will Mt. Bookpile remain the mish-mash of genres and eras that it currently is, or will I organize that, too (probably in some FIFO fashion)?
Luckily, I have at least a year before I even have to start to decide. In the meantime, back to scaling Mt. Bookpile and its varied delights!

1 comment:

Aravis said...

I just had to let you know how impressed I am with your self-restraint regarding the books. It can't have been easy. *G*