14.10.05

To disclose or not to disclose

I know, I know, I said my previous post would be the last about the conference. However...

I was asked to join a vendor discussion group, and told I'd have to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement. Suddenly, my views and input are Very Important, right? I can be trusted with News.

Yet I (and the others at my session - we weren't blindfolded and could see everyone that was there) don't get it. We didn't say anything to them about our use of the product that we wouldn't have already shared with other librarians. We didn't learn anything about new products that might be forthcoming. So, why the NDA? Perhaps the vendor is paranoid, but really - a lot of fuss about nothing in this case leads to the Vendor That Cried Wolf feeling. Still, I'm not going to name the vendor because of the NDA. However, if you saw my swag bag....

2 comments:

franceylibrarian said...

Such restraint, Laura, such self control! Darn, I thought you were going to spill the beans about Who.

the Curmudgeon said...

Technically, shouldn't that be a What, not a Whooo ggg ?