14.10.05

Isn't it bad enough I've got sinus problems?

Today in my Bloglines list I find these two posts, both of which are just adding to my headache. First there's the news that "bling bling" and other atrocities are being added to dictionaries. Whereas it used to be that a word needed to have staying power to be added, now it seems that there's some other criteria - a tipping point, if you will (or won't) - that makes it an automatic candidate. Let's take bets on how much longer it'll stay in the dictionary (or how long before it gets the "arch." designation).

Then there's this, about the Bible being "translated" into SMS. I've already blogged about my feelings about SMS as a language; it's gr8 for taking notes, but not for everyday writing. So this abomination?

My head hurts.

No comments: