7.4.05

Don't you just hate it

I got a new job... so I should be all excited and scared, right? The thrill of the new challenge, etc..

Wrong

I'm not feeling either right now: I'm feeling sick. Stuffy head, stuffy nose, sore throat - the whole works. And Tuesday I had to go meet my new colleagues, so the entire time I was thinking, "can they tell I'm not 100% here?" My feet didn't feel like they were touching the floor, my voice is hoarse, and I'm hoping that I didn't make a complete fool of myself while I was there.

The other bad thing is that reading, my primary pleasure, is difficult. Concentrating on plot is hard when you drift off inbetween the paragraphs! Still, I was able to finish a new mystery and there are several others sitting on Mt. Bookpile looking forlorn.

Blogging is also difficult when you're not "all there", yet there's been a lot going on that I've wanted to comment on. Perhaps next week, when things are back to normal, I'll blog up a storm. Bet you just can't wait!

1 comment:

Aravis said...

I'm so sorry you're not well. Take care of yourself. I hope you feel better soon!