30.11.04

Venti = "Weasel Snot"?

Confused by the new terms for "small", "medium" and "large"? Language Log takes a look at Latte lingo.

I have to agree with their comments. It's much like that AmEx Gift Card commercial where the snotty saleswoman refers to "flavors" instead of colors. When did good, old orange become "pumpkin"? And what's with all the names for blue? Even my Crayola box didn't have those colors! Sometimes I wonder if I should be looking for a "Venti Cashmire Cerise V-neck with No Cables" when I go to the LL Bean site or into Bloomies.

It's bad enough that at 5'4" I have to get "women's petite" clothing (and doesn't that sound like an oxymoron?!). Can't we just use the words we learned years ago? Let's take back our language! Who's with me?

1 comment:

Debby said...

This time of year I love to see what others are talking about concerning Christmas plans or activities and what they are doing about sending out holiday cards. While trying to get some new ideas, I’ve read some pretty hilarious stuff. My keyword search led me to Venti = . While your site wasn’t exactly what I was looking for, I’m glad I came across it. Interesting read. Happy holidays to you.