19.7.04

One state, two state, red state, blue state

I'd love to find articles comparing the "red" and "blue" states from the 1996 election, when the colors were reversed. I think that after 2000, however, we're stuck with the colors we have.

In case you haven’t seen it yet, Anne E. Kornblut, the Boston Globe’s senior political correspondent, put together a neat little are-you-red-or-blue culture quiz for Slate. Go here to take it. (via ArtsJournal: About Last Night)

My friends/parents thoughts to the contrary, I'm a blue. Possibly with a faint purple tinge, but blue.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The same for me though I don't really know how they come to the assessment. The questions didn't seem really focussed on politics.

Anna said...

I'm in the middle according to this quiz, although I'm actually more Blue than Red. Most of the time, I had no idea which answer to choose, so I just guessed. Living in a Red state and growing up in a Red family, I know a lot more about Red culture than most culturally Blue folks would.