15.11.12

I thought I was special

Found in today's e-mail:
hello my one and onlyTo: [undisclosed recipients]
From: woman [email address] via alice.it
Good afternoon. I would love to meet you and get to know you more as I think you're a good person. I live in Russia. I am open to talk to you my name is Elena. I will be very glad to your answer. And we can continue our acquaintance with you.
This reminds me of the Tom Lehrer bit on his live album: I know some people feel that marriage as an institution is dying out, but I disagree. And the point was driven home to me rather forcefully not long ago by a letter I received which said: "Darling, I love you, and I cannot live without you. Marry me, or I will kill myself." Well, I was a little disturbed at that until I took another look at the envelope, and saw that it was addressed to 'occupant'... (dmdb.org/lyrics/lehrer.tw3.html)

No comments: